R. Reynolds Company, Inc. is searching for a Construction Estimator to join our team of strategic planners who manage and supervise on-site projects with multiple sub-contractors.
As a family-owned company and a leading builder in diverse market segments throughout the Southeast, we have not lost the personal touch. With the stability and resources that come from over thirty-four years of quality work, D. R. Reynolds Company has built a talented, dedicated, and forward-looking team.
Construction Estimator – works closely with management, sales, and our customer base. Must be able to perform all related estimating activities, review blueprints and specs. Also, review all contracts/bids, conduct walk-thru, perform quantity take-offs, and cost estimates, determine value-engineering, establish conceptual estimates, develop scopes of work, and budgets and interact with clients to achieve project goals.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is
- Dependable – ethical and reliable
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented – has a sense of urgency and enjoys taking on challenges.
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
Ability to look beyond the information that has been given, to ask the right questions and work to provide a complete project cost evaluation.
Must be a collaborative and passionate advocate for our customers, empowering and informing them throughout the project.
Must be aggressive in providing innovative solutions to complex issues as they arise related to cost, lead-times, trade partners, and/or specified products or materials.
Ability to make reliable predictions as it relates to cost and be comfortable estimating across all scopes of work.
Must have experience preparing detailed conceptual cost estimates and conceptual cost studies from schematic or feasibility-level documentation.
Ability to prepare detailed estimates and, as the design evolves, develop variance summaries between estimates and value engineering studies throughout.
Ability to assemble a complete presentation-worthy estimate package that clearly communicates project cost.
Must be able to collaborate with project team to establish the necessary staffing and project requirements.
Must have knowledge and understanding of unit costs and the factors that affect construction cost.
Ability to prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages.
Must have experience with the bidding process: soliciting bids, communicating with the bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals, using bid tally sheets, etc.
Make subcontractor award recommendations to customer/owner and the negotiation and finalization of subcontracts with trade partners.
Must be prepared to participate and often lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the customer/owner.
Must have experience being a member of the team involved in request for proposal responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
Ability to engage and develop business with new and existing customers.
Ability to lead the preparation and presentation of cost / budget information to the customer/owner.
Ability to lead and facilitate value engineering sessions with the project team and design team.
A key participant with leadership experience involved in request for proposal responses (RFP’s) and the formal presentation for a project.
Must be familiar with reviewing construction contracts and can identify key insurance and damages clauses.
Can lead, manage and motivate project teams during the preconstruction phase of a project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil engineering or related discipline. Five years of experience working as an estimator / project manager with at least 2+ years of experience in construction estimating capacity.
- Proficient with scheduling software, and CAE and CAD applications.
- Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs.
- Excellent Computer Literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Extensive MS Excel aptitude
- Strong Technical Writing Skills are necessary.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control, and material pricing required.
- Ability to formulate and calculate mathematical expressions to obtain the desired quantity measurement and cost information.
- Ability read and understand engineering drawings, specifications, and bid documents.
- Understanding of construction systems and the ability to “build it in your head”
- Understanding of Geometry concepts and math skills
- Knowledgeable of available construction equipment and ability to utilize resources while maintaining a database of equipment rental rates.
- Retirement Plan
To apply, please click the “Apply Now” button below or call 910-428-1360 for more information.
Top Salary for qualified individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer